Log-In to register for Events, Meetings and Schools
Meeting Sponsor: Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
We will be presenting on the Manatee County North plant equalization basin project:
The purpose of this project is to provide the addition of 3.0 million gallon (MG) of equalization and all related improvements at the North County Regional Water Reclamation Facility (NCRWRF). The project includes three new 1.0 MG equalization tanks, solids mixing, equalization pumping, flow control, and associated piping improvements.
All new electrical and controls systems is housed in a standalone, climate-controlled building, including relocation of the existing electrical service in the old head works. Demolition and major piping improvements are required to construct the proposed equalization tank in its planned location. The intent of the new equalization tanks is to balance the hydraulic and biological loadings to the biological treatment system, providing for a more efficient system.
Stabilizing flow through the treatment scheme should enhance treatment by eliminating peaks and loadings, improving thickening performance of the secondary system, improving filter performance by lowering hydraulic loadings, and dampening the mass loadings that should improve chemical feed control. All of these benefits should provide for a more consistent supply of reclaimed water to the Manatee Agriculture Reuse Supply (MARS) system.
Kimley-Horn’s capabilities encompass all planning, design, permitting, coordination, and construction observation services required from the onset of a project through closeout. Our experienced team works with local utility, engineering, and public works departments nationwide to provide a multitude of engineering services on numerous projects. We can support your needs by:
- Providing a wide range of services including comprehensive water/wastewater andsurface water engineering, regulatory coordination,condition assessment, and water master planning.
- Understanding your long-term goals and catering our work to your plan for the future
- Working closely with utility owners and other project stakeholders to ensure goals and conflicts alike are identified early in the process and are properly addressed
- Identifying alternative funding and financing strategies from multiple sources, including grant funding, loans, and other intergovernmental funding assistance
- Developing creative and cost-effective solutions to overcome obstacles and enhance overall site design
Mike Semago, E.I.
Kimley-Horn | 655 North Franklin Street, Suite 150, Tampa, FL 33602
Direct: (813) 635-5507| Mobile: (813) 943-5274
Celebrating 11 years as one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For
What The Heck is That?????
Take a look at this picture. Have you ever seen one of these? Do you have a guess?
Bring your answer to the NEXT MEETING and you could win BAM!
That’s Bumming Around Money!
All correct guesses are put in a hat, and the winner drawn at random will win
Please remember to RSVP for the meeting as it helps with sponsors planning on food and drinks